The Liebster award is a cool way for bloggers to connect with each other and increase 'follower' numbers. It's a virtual thing that is passed forward. To accept the award, just complete the requirements and nominate someone else. There are no judges. It's not compulsory, so accept it only if you want to.
Lorraine (Wording Well) has a good write-up on what the award is all about.
The rules are simple:
1. Thank the person who has nominated you and post a link to their blog.
2. Display the Liebster Award on your blog.
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself given by the blogger who has nominated you.
4. Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 8 - 10 blogs with less than 300 followers that you feel deserve the Liebster Award.
6. Create a new set of questions for your nominees to answer. At least 10 questions.
7. Post the rules on your blog
8. Tag your nominees so they know that they are receiving the award from you
1. Describe yourself in 3 words?
Imaginative. Positive. Easygoing.
2. If you could have one wish granted, what would you wish for? Why?
I guess, for every person to be born with 'happy' genes that will give them a lifetime of happy feelings and allow them to battle tough moments with a smile.
3. When is the happiest moment in your life?
It's hard for me to choose one. I've a lot of great memories. Whenever I'm with good friends and family, things I did with my grandmother, when I travel, when I conquer a difficult dish, even when I'm alone with just the sunset before me - happiest moments of my life.
4. List 3 things you wanna achieve before you leave this world?
Write a will ..hahaha. Complete my bucket list. To do a lot of good.
5. What is your favourite food?
Cakoi with kaya. Chocolate chip cookies - the decadent kind.
6. What is your favourite color?
Depends. My favourite colour for mobile phones is white. I love white, but don't fancy it on walls. I'm consistent with calm yellow and deep orange ..but I also like sky blue, apple green, red for Chinese New Year and pink. Am I confusing anybody yet?
7. 3 things you must bring with you when you're out from home?
Mobile phone, wallet and lip balm.
8. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
To crochet and make my own furniture.
9. List 3 things you like when you visit my blog?
That you put 'you' out there. It's lively. That you update regularly.
10. What is your perception about my personality when you read my blog?
I think you're a cheerful person.
10 random facts about me:
1. There is only one show I catch regularly. That's Naruto Shipudden.
2. I attempted to write a fantasy novel when I was in my teens.
3. Before I moved to the city, I lived near the beach - it was here that grandma taught me how to catch seafood like clams and sea cucumbers.
4. I crocheted a baby boy outfit and gave it away as a gift, once.
5. I was the only student (in an all girls school) who didn't sign up for cooking and sewing classes.
6. Gardening is my new hobby. My husband thinks I should give watering plants a break.
7. I do my shopping on week days when it's less crowded.
8. I enjoy writing slogans and joining online competitions.
9. I smile when I blog, most times.
10. I'm right-handed.
Okay, I'm supposed to nominate 8 to 10 bloggers with less than 300 followers for this award, but have decided to break the rules. 'Followers' for me mean a lot of things - Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
I'm opening this for anyone who's keen to join the fun. Just leave a comment below and I'll update this post with a link to your blog.
1. What do you love most about blogging?
2. What do you love most about yourself?
3. Describe your mornings - dreadful until coffee or ..?
4. What was your best memory of helping someone?
5. How do you keep yourself motivated throughout the day?
Yep. 5 questions, but don't forget to include 10 random facts about yourself.
I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed answering Cindyrina's questions ;)