Dec 3, 2014

10 Journey Into The Chocolate Museum

When it comes to museums, I try to be as enthusiastic as I can. The truth is, without good company and unless 'very' interesting, there's a good chance that I will start snoring in broad daylight. I'm exaggerating, of course.

The Chocolate Museum by Fidani is a place I'd been pestering my other half to visit for a long time. Chocolate, being the key to my enthusiasm. I finally convinced a girlfriend to go with me, but had no idea how to get there.

My hubby volunteered one Sunday. "I'll show you where it is so you can drive there on your own," he said.

When we arrived, it just seemed ridiculous not to take a look around since we were already there and it was open. Thus begins our chocolate adventure.

Chocolate Museum

Here I am inside the chocolate museum. We were free to roam on our own.

At the entrance of the Chocolate Museum

The journey begins with a history on cocoa and then chocolates, and their creators.

Chocolate History

This is a conching machine. It was invented by Swiss chocolatier Rudolphe Lindt. It is used to help develop a smoother texture for chocolate.

Conche

The chocolate kitchen (picture below) is equipped with the latest chocolate-making machinery. If you come at the right time, you will be able to see chocolatiers at work. 

The Chocolate Kitchen

At the end of our tour is the Chocolate Galleria where chocolates are said to be sold 'cheaper than outside'!

Chocolate Galleria

Cheaper? I did some shopping, of course!

When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile ~ Regina Brett

My Chocolate Purchase

That's that on my tour of the chocolate museum. It's a small place, no Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory, but it was good enough for me and a nice way to spend an hour of our time.

The Chocolate Museum, which is located in Kota Damansara, opens daily from 10am to 5pm. Click here for location details.

10 comments:

  1. I would love to visit this museum and get a bag of chocolates. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With three kids, I'm pretty sure it will be a big bag ..haha ^.^

      Delete
  2. eh, never heard of this place.
    I sure will stop by if I happened to be in this area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this looks FAB! I adore chocolate--beyond belief! :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Haha..I don't know how I did it, but I managed to walk out with only one small bag. Had to keep telling myself "No!".

      Delete
  5. I read about it before
    is it same as in KL centre (near KLCC) one?
    MY-Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, Emily. Haven't heard about a branch anywhere else but this is said to be the first ever Museum in Southeast Asia :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Elephants & Mangoes Copyright © 2005 - 2017 |- Template created by O Pregador Aldenir Araújo - |- Powered by Blogger Templates