Jan 15, 2018

20 Eats : New Year Lunch At TGI Fridays, The Curve

It was a slow moving New Year's day for us. We had returned home late from a countdown party. No one was keen to leave the warmth of blankets and the heavenly feel of a soft mattress that early.

I pulled myself out of our cosy bed, reluctantly greeting the late morning sun and checked on my pigeons. Then I sent everyone New Year greetings and switched the TV on, lying comfortably on the sofa as I pondered on life. Haa..kidding. I was too much in a state of inner peace to be thinking about anything other than Lets-Not-Do-Anything-Today.

There was a tingle of newness in the air as though I'd stepped into another life. It was already late afternoon when we decided to lunch at TGI Fridays. Hubs was asking, "Is there a word for lunch and tea like 'brunch' is for breakfast and lunch?" I don't know. Anyone?

TGI Fridays, The Curve

I settled for a chicken dish with turkey stuffing on the side and cranberry sauce. The Christmas menu was still available then.

Roasted Chicken with Cranberry Sauce

Hubs went with fish and chips.

Fish and Chips

We shared a bowl of mushroom soup.

Mushroom Soup

TGI Fridays is a great place to hang out with besties for long hours. Cosy ambiance, cheerful staff and comfy seating. Love.

TGI Fridays, The Curve

TGI Fridays, The Curve

It was nice coming here on New Year's. Now a fond memory - my first meal in 2018. Do you remember what you had on 1st Jan?

TGI Fridays
Address: The Curve Mall, 6, Jalan PJU 7/3, Mutiara Damansara, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.


20 comments:

  1. A very nice late lunch. I like that. But cannot. With kids, they are the alarm clocks even during holidays. Cannot sleep late. Haha.

    Wish we have TGIF over here. I like its salad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. I've seen how my nephews and niece rule their parent's timetable ..lol!! Well, they grow up pretty quick and soon, you'll have lots of me time, Rose. ;)

      Delete
  2. I heard a rumour that this chain is closing. I don't know if it's all of them or just one shop in particular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I can't say that I dine here regularly, this news is still sad to hear. I've always loved the ambiance and the thought that I could pop in anytime to celebrate a Birthday.

      Delete
  3. What a great lunch! Fish and chips looks great, but I would go for the chicken too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I didn't remember wrongly, there used to be TGI Friday here before...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would go for the chicken too! Yums!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Long time I don't visit TGIF. Used to dine here with my colleague.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, until this New Year meal. It's a place for special occasions for me.

      Delete
  7. I always loved TGIF and agree that they are the best place to chat for long hours with friends. They are quite pricey compared to Tony Romas.

    I have updated and posted the photo of meeting my friend on everyone's request. I may remove the photo soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for alerting me, TM. I caught the pic before it was taken down ..except that my comment went missing because of a bad line and I was lazy to retype..lol!

      Yes, the price always reminds me of how many char kueh teows I could be having!

      Delete
  8. I dunno they got Fish and Chips
    Would like to go and try it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was our first time ordering that one ;)

      Delete
  9. I also always puzzle on what should we call if late lunch combine with dinner. Linner? Lunner? lol...long time never eat TGIF.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Elephants & Mangoes Copyright © 2005 - 2017 |- Template created by O Pregador Aldenir Araújo - |- Powered by Blogger Templates