Mar 7, 2007

2 The Fuji Xerox Printer

It was pure Chinese New Year luck.

My partner and I went to Cineleisure Damansara on the second day. I've always disliked the movie atmosphere there. I complain constantly about the state of their popcorn, the dangerous gap between the seats, the booking system and even the fact that it was the talk of the town that this was supposed to be the place to go for movies. GSC would have a competitor to match or so I thought. I was never a fan.

Perhaps God thought that I needed to be bribed a little. ..we walked into the cinema to watch Ghost Rider and I wondered silently to myself , "why here?". Before the start of the movie, there was the usual show of advertisements. Suddenly, a congratulatory message popped up going something like this, "Congratulations to the winner of the day". I was like duh..now what's this.

The lights turned on and a verbal announcement was made, "Congratulations to the winner sitting in seat no. J5!"..my heart dropped. I turned around to check my seat number twice..it was me!! Gosh, I need to hide!..I snuggled myself lower where no one would see me. With the lights on, it seemed futile.

The show started after that but I was too excited by then. My cheeks were glowing with joy. My partner was as excited. The minute the show ended, we went straight to collect the prize. Service was slow and disappointing but the organisers were courteous. I hate to admit it but I allowed myself to be totally bribed into forgetting all their shortcomings..how weak was that ! All of a sudden, I was a fan..pathetic..I know.

They took a photo of me with the prize..some smart aleck in the background said, "The cost of the ink cartridge will kill you". It probably will but who cares :)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Elephants & Mangoes Copyright © 2005 - 2017 |- Template created by O Pregador Aldenir Araújo - |- Powered by Blogger Templates