Mar 22, 2013

2 The Golden Sun

When I admire the wonder of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in worship of the Creator 
~ Mahatma Gandhi 

The Golden Sunset

I've been watching the sky a lot lately...usually aiming for the sunset because that's when nature begins painting her next masterpiece. The colour she uses changes every day, sometimes gold, sometimes red, sometimes orange.

There were afternoons when the sun shone so mightily lighting up the big blue expanse before me. These are days when I find it hard not to go outside for a peek although I know I would fry under such high levels of humidity.

One night, as I was walking by a mirror, I was horrified to see a blot of red on my right eye. It looked like it was bleeding out but I felt no discomfort. It was too late to see a Doctor so I used eye drops and waited until morning.

By morning however, the blot has spread out to look like I had just had a bad night. It cleared by evening and I've realised that it could be due to sun exposure.

So, I told myself to stop all this. It is said that too much of a good thing can be detrimental - balance is key.

Anyway, it was all too hard to resist so I was back outside watching the sun again but this time, a little more careful not to look directly at it and not for too long. I also took precaution by using eye drops first if the sun is too bright. So far, so good...the price of beauty.

Golden hues

Zooming in a little

Ooh gorgeous...zooming in a little more

There she goes - the golden sun has set

Photos taken on 19 March 2013 between 6.49PM to 7.03PM on Samsung PL170.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Sharon - you've taken such beautiful photographs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you for the encouragement Abbe! ^.^

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Elephants & Mangoes Copyright © 2005 - 2017 |- Template created by O Pregador Aldenir Araújo - |- Powered by Blogger Templates