Aug 18, 2013

2 Penang : More on street art

I took lots of photos, of course...couldn't resist.

Street art is the in-thing here, mostly murals and steel sculptures. There's so much creativity going on that I feel their passion. If there's one thing I do not regret, it is walking along the streets of Lebuh Armenian and nearby...even under the scorching sun. I was wow-ed by some sort of artwork every corner!

I noticed several tourists carrying umbrellas to shield from the heat. I was amazed. Haha me. I had no time and no opportunity to hold one. My hands were glued to my camera the entire walkabout.

Feast your eyes on some of the photos I took. Beautiful, isn't it?

Ernest Zacharevic - Reaching Up

101 Lost Kittens Project - I Can Help Catch Rats
   
Children At Play
 
A message on Penang's cycling initiative
 
Tang Mun Kian - Steel Rod Sculpture - Cannon Hole

I'm easily amused. They painted around it! Guess they'll finish the job later. Dark purple? Too dark a shade, me thinks. This will make this piece very hard to spot in future.

Tang Mun Kian - Steel Rod Sculpture - Too Narrow

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Elephants & Mangoes Copyright © 2005 - 2017 |- Template created by O Pregador Aldenir Araújo - |- Powered by Blogger Templates