Nov 20, 2013

8 Kuala Lumpur International Motor Show 2013 (KLIMS)

Other than the Kia Sportage which I saw some 'long-time' ago, no other car has tickled my fancy. That probably sums up my interest in cars. I am laid back about it. I don't go looking but I do love going to motor events.

I made my way to the Kuala Lumpur International Motor Show last weekend, paying RM20 for a ticket in. The place was packed like sardines because there was a power failure earlier in the day. I had a great time checking the scene out regardless.

It was a less exciting affair for my car-enthusiast man because several top motor brands were not part of the show.

These are some of the cars that were on display. I was particularly excited by the sight of Nissan's Navara which had a tent on top. Would I love to travel with that...!

Top: Honda EV-STER
Bottom, from left: Honda CR-Z Mugen RR , Nissan Navara
CR-Z Mugen RR

I did a wee bit of shopping. This GPS navigator was going for a steal at just RM199. The brand name is a little weird but apt. I guess Gogopal is subtly telling us to just keep going and never worry about ever getting lost - go, go, pal!

Gogopal GPS with accessories

There was some sort of car body design contest going on. It's cute in an overdone kind of way. I gotta hand it to these guys. They're very passionate about what they do.

Design Contest

I wouldn't mind a ride in one of these vintage cars! Imagine an Elvis song on play .. *sigh*

From top-left: Ford Thunderbird 1957, Ford Pickup 1955
Bottom-left: Corvette Stingray 1964, Chevy Master Deluxe 1938

The lucky draw prizes are extremely attractive. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll win a car too.

Filling In Lucky Draw Forms to Win a Car

Finally, my favourite part of the show ... for purely narcissistic reasons. Oh, you're giggling now, aren't you? Close enough.

Sharan, Das Auto

Event Details: 15 - 24 November 2013, Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC) Kuala Lumpur.
Visiting Hours: Weekdays 11.00am - 10.00pm / Weekends 10.00am - 10.00pm

8 comments:

  1. Not so crazy about motorshow but I dont mind sitting and driving in one of those fancy cars hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. motorshow, wow! many cars to drive home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice model
    RB lanyard (RM10)
    http://www.trosworld.com/estoreracingboy/101059/RB+Lanyard.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. most ppl go for car show bcz of show girl lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Elephants & Mangoes Copyright © 2005 - 2017 |- Template created by O Pregador Aldenir Araújo - |- Powered by Blogger Templates