Nov 15, 2013

10 Barley-cious : Tom Yum Fried Barley

I've been experimenting barley with different flavours. Over the course of my cooking adventure, this is one of my yummy finds ~ Tom Yum Fried Barley. The best thing is it goes great with any meat including seafood.

A close friend of mine balks at the idea of eating barley, the savoury way. Well, I never imagined that I would one day be having my barley this way too but there's no turning back now!

Gorgeous?

Yom Yum Fried Barley

This didn't involve a lot of work nor it is the authentic way of cooking tom yum since I used bottled paste.

A little garlic saute, a dollop of tom yum paste, meat, chili and barley, stir-fried together. Then, it is garnished with chopped spring onions. That's about it.

Read about my other yummy barley shares here at www.sweethomechefs.com

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Too yummy. I landed myself with two helpings..lol!

      Delete
  2. Looks delicious, Sharon - I have only ever eaten barley as a savoury dish, not sweet. It's you that's made me want to try it sweet ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww..Abbe xx ..how different the world we live in ;)

      Delete
  3. Wow, you're so innovative! I've not seen anyone frying barley.......... love to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shirley. The possibilities are endless with barley! ^.^

      Delete
  4. I love the chewiness of barley. It is a great meal in one dish. Good job, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Abbe - all in a day's work..hehe =)

      Delete
  5. now this is first time i heard of tom yum barley. Indeed very unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am totally in love with barley these days. There's just so many ways to cook it :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Elephants & Mangoes Copyright © 2005 - 2017 |- Template created by O Pregador Aldenir Araújo - |- Powered by Blogger Templates