May 7, 2014

22 Instant Kampua Mee from Sibu!

This is it, Kampua Mee. Not just any kampua mee but 'the' one from Sibu.

I first heard about Kampua Mee from Rose of Rose' World, who mentioned it on her blog. It looked so good that I was itching for a taste. The other reason? I just love trying out new stuff.

Anyone can walk up to me and say that something's not delicious, but it will never thwart my plans to try it for myself. For me, taste is a personal thing. Some will like it, some will not.

Anyway, back to this delightful kampua mee which Rose was kind enough to send over so that I could have a taste. Thank you, Rose! ;)

Bang, bang, bang! The postman knocked loudly on my door late one evening, while I was mulling over what to cook for dinner. I was really excited to see the package. I had no idea what was inside, of course and tore it open as soon as I had signed off the mailing slip.

Look what I got:

Sibu Instant Kampua!

Isn't it lovely? Each packet of noodle comes with two packs of seasoning. One of soy sauce and one of lard. L-a-r-deedah..you read right. And that's what makes this instant noodle so special. Well that, and the fact that this mee is sundried and free from preservatives.

Kampua Mee seasoning - soy sauce (left), lard (right)

I decided at that moment that this would be dinner. It's really simple to make. Boil the noodles in water until it is softened/cooked. Drain and stir in the seasoning. I added some extra ingredients, topping the noodles with fried minced pork and garlic. Then, it was garnished with slices of chili and spring onions. Makes it a little more vibrant.

Ingredients to top my kampua mee

Voila! Nice? Yes, hubs asked for more...more! I found it yummy and very different from the regular instant noodles we find in supermarkets. 

Kampua Mee with minced pork, chopped spring onion and chili

If you're keen to try some for yourself, contact Rose. I'm just kidding!

You should really contact 'thekitchensibu' on Facebook. I believe they've worked something out for those residing in KL/Selangor. 


22 comments:

  1. Wah, you've also received these noodles from Rose ah? She's such a darling! Love how you've added minced pork to the dish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a real darling, yes. I love how you did yours too! ^.^

      Delete
  2. looks yum yum..
    my recent one :http://www.indianbeautyforever.com/2014/05/bourjois-radiance-reveal-healthy-mix-foundation.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you and hubby like it. If anyone contacting me for it, I will need to ask for mailing fee. Lol. ^_^

    Have a great weekend, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol..! You have a great weekend too, Rose and thank you once again!

      Delete
  4. Sharon, i am now craving noodles. These look so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, nothing beats home-made, hand-made! ^.^

      Delete
  5. That looks fantastic! Lard makes everything taste better. And Rose is so sweet to send that to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never eat this noodle. I'm curious how it tastes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a softer version of the springy noodles. Bland, until seasoning is added :)

      Delete
  7. hi darling!! that's an amazing post!
    thanks for sharing!
    FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
    CHIC STREET CHOC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so yummy, try to fry some pork fat to get the oil and mix with the noodle..nyumms n very not health friendly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, I need this immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's so special ^^
    Kampua mee..is it not available in KL?
    I wanna try it as well ^^
    MY-Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it's only available in Kelana Jaya for the moment. You will need to order in advance. Details: https://www.facebook.com/SibuInstantKampua

      Delete
  11. Hi, if anyone interested can visit their fb page https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1589248671316349
    Or contact 0129621233 to order

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Elephants & Mangoes Copyright © 2005 - 2017 |- Template created by O Pregador Aldenir Araújo - |- Powered by Blogger Templates