Oct 6, 2015

17 Blackmores Collagen - High Strength!

Life begins at 4 ...no. Life begins the moment I step out of bed, everyday! I choose to embrace every stage of my existence in this world! That's my mantra. ;) Have you got one?

As I progress into middle-age, several words have seen fit to meddle with my mind and magnify themselves - brown spots, crow's feet, fine lines, supplements, sugar-free, cholesterol-free, low-fat, low-sodium, anti-aging, collagen, firming, moisturising! I could go on.

Eyeing the hand cream that is lying in my IKEA weaved basket, I rub at my dry skin and walk over in a huff, telling myself, "It's good for me!". I began applying the cream. That's how I am with beauty care ever since I left my white-collar job at an IT firm.

However, I've been making little changes to include self-care as part of my daily routine, and not treat it as a chore that needs to be done only when I feel it's needed.

I think I'm doing a pretty good job with daily applications of some sort of face and body cream, plus scrubs and a hair-thingy once a week. Do you remember the names of half the products you use? It was less complicated than I used to remember. A face cream was just 'Face Cream'. Now, there's Revitalift Laser x3,  UV whitening, active cellular restoration, bio-restorative day creams ..? I'm LOL-ing as I type these out.

Anyway, I'm going out of topic.

As we get older, it's only natural that we think about taking better care of ourselves. So, I guess all these words that have made their way into my life is only there because I'm making a conscious effort to be healthier.

When I saw Blackmores Collagen 10,000mg, I knew I had to try it! Collagen is known for skin rejuvenation. As we grow older, we produce less collagen. Women my age take collagen supplements for overall wellness and to keep their skin looking young.

Blackmores Collagen - High Strength!

This is it - my glass of chilled fish collagen. Cheers!

"Gahhh..!! That is fishy! " I shuddered as I took another sip. Yep, that's how I finished it. It's a whole lot fishier than I expected although it's masked with apple juice. I rank this drink as - 'challenging'.

Cheers!

My thoughts: I can't say for sure if it's the placebo effect on play, but I think my skin feels better after taking this.

There's a saying - If it's hard to swallow, it must be good for you. Lol!


17 comments:

  1. A very positive mind, Sharon and that is what matters. Lead a simple and happy life.

    Hmm. I do not take that much supplements now compared to when I were in my 20s as I am not working now. So, no money to spend on supplements and beauty products. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree, Rose. We should all find a way to live a life that we can be happy with! ^.^

      I'm not a supplement taker either ..but occasionally, I get called to the dark ..I mean I get tempted to test its benefits. Lol.

      Delete
    2. Hi Rose, Blackmores Collagen 10,000mg which is enhanced with Grape Seed Extract and Vitamin E for complete skin rejuvenation in just six to 12 weeks. If your collagen breakdown in your skin is much faster and at a higher rate than what your body is manufacturing and the amount you are taking via collagen drinks/ supplements, you may need a longer time to see the benefits of collagen. For detail visit:
      http://kidbuxblog.com/blackmores-introduces-collagen-10000mg-to-fight-the-effects-of-stress-and-maturing-hormones/

      Delete
  2. Well, I need those High Strength too. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little help goes a long way, they say ..lol!

      Delete
  3. Beauty product that need to swallow is a no for me, but those applied on the skin, I love to experiment with it. I only use basic product, moisturizer is a must in the morning before off to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tergoda, Ez ..haha! I've always stuck to using the basic products too but have started experimenting a little further. :D

      Delete
  4. Fishy drink? I think I won't be able to swallow this drink. Lol! I prefer swallowing pill than fishy drink. I am not one that depends on supplements on long term, only occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was difficult, but I did it ..with a lol!

      Delete
  5. so far i encounter 1 collagen brand that is very fishy
    that one is in powder form
    made frm Switzerland
    I got blackmores collagen too but yet to try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it then, Emily! ;)

      Delete
  6. looking for collagen. Last time use to take plenty of this but then read somewhere chances to have cyst if you take this. So I stop for the last 2 years. Now wish could take this again since now i am aging my skin tend to feel itchy and dry. banyak problem betul bila dah tua ni ...sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haa...you know the saying - moderation! Yelah, makin tua tu like that. May we both age gracefully..lol.

      Delete
  7. All i can say is that you are very brave! Give me lotion any day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol.....!! I guess I am, and I hope its worth it!

      Delete
  8. when you say fishy that must be real..if it is good I don't mind try too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still new to it, but I have my fingers crossed that good things will follow..lol.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Elephants & Mangoes Copyright © 2005 - 2017 |- Template created by O Pregador Aldenir Araújo - |- Powered by Blogger Templates