Jul 20, 2016

14 Die-lor, I'm At Daiso ..And I Bought More Than Vacuum Seal Bags

Die-lor, I'm at Daiso. This means an excitable me and a bout of over-spending. All the items are priced at RM5.30 making it one of the best stores to shop for presents and household items for the budget-conscious.

I was here to get some storage bags, the vacuum seal kind. Spring cleaning is the new exercise. I always feel good after a major one and I'm midway through the bedroom. It needs to be revamped, the walls painted, curtains changed, cabinets re-organised and so forth. I've been washing all sorts of things from soft toys to old pillows the past couple of weeks. Four bags of used items have been donated away. I'm always surprised by the number of things we accumulate over the years! It feels like yesterday that I gave away ten bags of stuff ..

As it is, I did over-buy at Daiso, a few lovely tray organisers making their way into my shopping basket. It was white and had these beautiful carvings around the sides. I thought it'd be perfect for keeping our skin and beauty products neatly in place. No more using old recycled chocolate tins - these I'm saving for gift-wrapping.

On the vacuum seal bags, I wasn't sure which would be the better buy so I brought home two varieties - one a plain ziplock bag in XXXL size and the other with a valve.

Vacuum Seal Bags

I dug my vacuum cleaner out and proceeded to vacuum pack my bedspread and comforter. It worked like a charm - both items were flattened to half its size. I cannot wait to do the same with the fluffy pillows!

Vacuum-Packing To Save Space

I wasn't too pleased about the one that had the valve in the beginning because it didn't look aesthetically pleasing with a huge button sticking out on top. However, compared to the other, it proved to be the user-friendlier one! Without the valve, it wasn't easy to vacuum the bag flat. The plastic kept getting sucked into the vacuum cleaner .. perhaps I'm not doing it quite right.
 
Vacuum Seal Bag With Valve - Easy-Peasy!

Vacuum Seal Bag Without Valve - Phew! Hard Work!

Therefore, it will be the one with the valve for me from now onwards!

Have you any storage tips for large items?

14 comments:

  1. I still have some of those bags and pump in my suitcase..thought of throwing them away last X'mas. Maybe I should get them out and use them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahaha! You are 2nd blogger who blog about shopping in Daiso. Too tempting right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Siapa itu? Hahahaha..we need to be friends!

      Delete
  3. Can't resist when go Daiso, but when i see long long Q, i'm not the patience type, so save up if the Q is very long...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's rarely a queue at the one I frequent - located at a less popular mall ;)

      Delete
  4. I think these bags are pretty handy. As far as storage tips for large items, sometimes drawers under the bed are handy for things like comforters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, Linda! I think I'll do just that. ^.^

      Delete
  5. I have been postponing my Daiso trip. Now I know which vacuum seal bags to buy, the one with the valve!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! Your post title is so cute! Love the post! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. helpful to save place in storage :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Elephants & Mangoes Copyright © 2005 - 2017 |- Template created by O Pregador Aldenir Araújo - |- Powered by Blogger Templates