Aug 9, 2017

24 Motivated To Walk To Sunway Velocity Mall

Admittedly, if not for the MRT stopping nearby, I would never have found it attractive to come here considering the distance from home. After my first visit however, there are a now a couple of reasons I am excited to include this into the list of places I take relatives shopping!

Sunway Velocity Mall, Cheras

One, the walk from MRT Maluri Station to the mall is entertaining. I brought my aunt and she was tickled all the way. It was a short distance, but we spent so much time taking photos with the motivational signboards along the covered walkway that we were perspiring from the humidity of the morning sun by the time we reached the steps to the pedestrian bridge.

Motivation To Walk

Two, the food! There's a quaint street food haven on the 4th floor decorated in the style of kopitiams in the 60s or 70s. I am attracted by the good vibes ambiance.  The colourful ceiling lights lent an air of cheerfulness.

Street Food, 4th Floor

Great Spot For A Selfie

Teochew Chendul was the first shop I tried because I really needed a refreshing drink after exploring several MRT stops earlier with Hubs. We sat by the window. Cendol is a an iced coconut milk dessert with red beans and green rice flour jelly - it is sweetened with palm sugar.

Teochew Chendul

Delicate, soft and slithery, this cendul jelly is really good. I remember the one I had once at KLCC's food court long ago; the jelly was frozen!

Teochew Chendul

On my second visit to Sunway Velocity Mall, which was with my aunt, we popped into the same food court for breakfast. Tea Garden Restaurant offered a great view like Teochew Chendul. I like that it's located by the window. We settled here and ordered Mee Rebus (Noodles).

Tea Garden Restaurant

Tea Garden Restaurant - Mee Rebus (Noodles)

Tea Garden Restaurant - Golden Lava Bun

Makan-Makan by Parkson looks like a great place to eat. I have made a mental note to include it on my must-try list.  We passed several restaurants on each floor. I can't remember the names. To be honest, it's not that there are no amazing eateries at the other malls I frequent. It's just that I love how this mall makes me feel - bright, airy, easy access and most of all, the excitement of being somewhere other than where I regularly hang out.

Makan Makan By Parkson

Sunway Velocity Mall, to me, is a new place to bring my relatives and say, "What to eat, arh? You chooselah."

24 comments:

  1. I love all your photos, Sharon, and the food looks very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. I had an enjoyable time x

      Delete
  2. I love this adventure. The motivation to walk, the cool place and food. I would not mind walking with you!!

    I did not know Parkson owns a food court. None over here. Maybe a new place/venture by Parkson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love your company, Rose ! ^.^
      On Parkson, I guess you're right. I didn't know until this visit either. It's a smart move.

      Delete
  3. I haven't visited this mall. Thanks for the peek inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weather is so hot, the chendol comes in time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya.... chendol is perfect for cooling down and quenching our thirst.

      Delete
  5. You are such a good writer and your words are powerful enough to lure me there!! Even your photos are dragging my feet to see the actual place soon!! Okay I will take the same train and shop there after my trip from overseas. I must eat the Mee Rebus and Golden lava Bun too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ... TM, I am a sucker for any place that's bright and has that good vibes feeling! It's hard not to enjoy my food and jalan-jalan when the company I was with is also good ;)

      Delete
  6. This place looks really interesting. Colourful and love the cendul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, you need to come to KL for a holiday soon! ;)

      Delete
  7. You tried mrt already! !!! Many place can go now. So convenient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaa ... been on it every week since ..haha!

      Delete
  8. The Chendol looks nice! Wish I could have one to chase the blues away..... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww.. I wish I could treat you to one and hug you at the same time! xx

      Delete
  9. Last weekend I took MRT to visit MyTown because you lured me there. It was a nice outing and the layout looked good.
    Now I must go to Velocity next which is also 9 stops from my home. I will find out which is better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha .... ! It is fun to jalan-jalan and explore new places, right? ^.^

      Delete
  10. passed by everytime yet get a chance to go in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If not for the MRT, I would not have come here ..haha!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Elephants & Mangoes Copyright © 2005 - 2017 |- Template created by O Pregador Aldenir Araújo - |- Powered by Blogger Templates