Aug 16, 2017

16 Pasar Malam TTDI Eats

Night markets are my kind of food safaris. There's so much to explore. I tend to skip the area where things such as clothes and household items are sold but occasionally, I spot interesting stainless steel tableware from nearby stalls that later drive me sleepless with excitement because it is cheap! I have so far resisted the temptation to buy it.

"Keep calm and go to sleep! " I tell myself.

Pasar Malam TTDI

The night market in Taman Tun is one I quite enjoy visiting because of this glass noodle stir-fry. It's got black-eyed beans, tofu and tempeh. The bits of dried chilli flakes make it a pretty hot dish that usually has me reaching out for chilled water. Still, I top mine up with sambal sotong (spicy squid).  Are you drooling yet?

Stir-Fried Glass Noodles with Spicy Squid

Hubs had this tasty fried kueh teow for dinner. The preserved green chilli put the oomph in this one.

Stir-Fried Flat Rice Noodles

We also ordered string hoppers (putu mayam) thinking that it would be nice for supper.

String Hoppers (Putu Mayam)

But there is this yummy fried popiah slathered with sweet chili sauce that we find hard to resist. So this came home with us too!

Fried Popiah

You see what's happened? It is all too easy to get carried away at a Pasar Malam. I told myself I needed these crispy mini apam baliks (pancake) for tea. 

Mini Apam Balik

As we crossed the road to the car with plastic bags of food, we passed a food truck selling Tauhu Bakar (Grilled Tofu). You'd think we would be wise enough to ignore it but noOooo, we ordered a packet.

Grilled Tofu

There was no way we could eat everything in one evening so I kept what we didn't in the fridge for the next day ...days!

The best time to visit this market is from 3.45PM onwards when many traders have gotten their makeshift stoves roaring. It's on only Sundays, along Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad 2, Taman Tun Dr Ismail (near Sinaran TTDI).

16 comments:

  1. Some great looking dishes, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reason it's so hard to resist, Linda ..haha!

      Delete
  2. Been to Taman Tun market once. During my pak toh time with my hubby when we went for a holiday in KL. I love browsing through the stalls, hunting for food that attract me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose, you surprise me! Of all places to pak toh!! ;)
      I am keen to hear more of your story.

      Delete
  3. Your hubby's kueh teow looks delicious. Yes, I would also buy the putu mayam and fried popiah. Ha ha I can avoid buying the mimi pancake but yes, please to the grilled tofu which is my favourite! No worry, I can finish all that minus the pancake that same day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kueh teow is a good one, Nancy ;)
      On eating it all, I believe you ! You lead an active life and burn lots of energy. ^.^

      Delete
  4. I've only visited the morning market in TTDI. I like that it's undercover and you don't have to get up too early to visit. This night market though looks worth a visit too. Thanks for sharing your visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome ;) I have only stepped into the morning market once for baking supplies. I would probably go more often if I lived nearby.

      Delete
  5. As much as I love night markets for its shopping, I tend to stay away from street food even in Japan. Food poisoning can be serious especially when overseas, so I rather play safe........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha..yes, that is wise, Shirley! I heard the same advice from a travel agent. xx

      Delete
  6. I used to walk around this pasar malam since it is nearer to home but I found the one at Taman Megah is better for my liking. The food and items there are very different and sold by different vendors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you are tempting me, TM! Haha.. I will definitely make my way there one of these days.

      Delete
    2. The crowd is different so the items sold caters.....

      Delete
  7. Whoa! you bought so many food. Well....not pasar malam if you come back with no food right? hahaha...you make me hungry edi.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Elephants & Mangoes Copyright © 2005 - 2017 |- Template created by O Pregador Aldenir Araújo - |- Powered by Blogger Templates