Sep 28, 2018

13 Mid-Autumn Festival Balloon Display At IPC

Imagine our ooh and aah at seeing this. It was a huge balloon dragon installation hanging as a centrepiece at the atrium of IPC Shopping Centre. Majestic and inspiring. I did not get the name of the balloon sculptor but he or she is certainly inspiring. The 50ft long dragon however, that I have its name - Yang! How fun to be involved in such a project and I bet they love their jobs.

Mid-Autumn Festival Balloon Installation at IPC Shopping Centre
50ft Dragon

We spotted this person in a balloon rabbit costume cutely bobbing along the row of shops. The rabbit has a name too - Moon!

Moon Rabbit and The Dragon .. RoarrrRRr!

Further in the background, behind Yang the dragon is a small garden made of balloons  - it was a landscape of trees, birds, a bridge and a beautiful phoenix named Yin. Yin and Yang *wink*

Mid-Autumn Festival Balloon Installation at IPC
Yin at 9ft Tall

Mid-Autumn Festival Balloon Installation
Garden of Harmony

Mid-Autumn Festival Balloon Installation
Garden of Harmony

This was our adventure last Sunday in celebration of the Mid-Autumn Festival but the installation stays up until 30th Sep, which is this weekend. So there's still a chance for anyone keen to pop in for a look-see.

Hej means hello in Swedish. We passed this sign at the end of the bridge above Ikea Cafe. I couldn't resist a photo because it was such a cheerful piece in yellow.

Hello, IKEA Fans

Mooncake Day was a little quiet for us this year since we'd already caught up with our friends and family earlier. Also, greedy us had eaten all the mooncakes up leaving none for the actual day! They were just too delicious to resist.

I leave you with a photo of the moon I snapped in the early hours of yesterday morning.

The Moon - A View from Kuala Lumpur



13 comments:

  1. Nice to see the moon clearly in the sky. Over here, the clouds covered the moon on Mid-Autumn night.

    Impressive balloon sculpture. Especially the Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While seeing the sunset is a daily thing for me, the moon is a rare sight so I was pretty excited to snap this one :D

      Yes, that dragon balloon is certainly amazing.

      Delete
  2. How festive! Love that balloon dragon :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Angie! (^.^) I wonder what they'll come out with next.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Wow! I am screaming in delight now at those balloon displays. So beautiful and creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am as excited as you, TM! I even followed the Rabbit ..hehe ^.^

      Delete
  4. OMG, the dragon art is so beautiful! I wanna make one too! Hahaha! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there's anyone who can, it would be you, Shirley! You're good with your hands ^.^

      Delete
  5. I missed it
    but luckily I caught up here with your posting :)
    I still have mooncakes left in fridge since my friend gave me quite late :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never once drop by here. I would love check this out one day 😜

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Elephants & Mangoes Copyright © 2005 - 2017 |- Template created by O Pregador Aldenir Araújo - |- Powered by Blogger Templates