Mar 16, 2011

0 Baked eggs are in, the lazy cook says

It's true, at least, in my kitchen.

So many of my meals are born out of the oven that I often fancy myself a baking enthusiast. The reality is I'm just a lazy cook.

I'm not into pastries, cakes or anything of the sort. Oh, that would be too taxing and complicated. Meat and vegetables, that's a different story.

I love throwing everything together and leaving it in the oven. Recipes, be gone!

Then, off I go to do whatever I want. 

Here, I've mushrooms,  cuttlefish, tomatoes, onions and green vegetables. A good balance, no? Add salt, pepper, some tomato sauce and a bit of that rosemary herb. Cover with foil and bake until ready. 

Much later..

"Psst, how about some eggs?", I thought to myself.

"I don't know about that. It sounds like more work. All that frying or boiling", I discouraged the thought.

"But you could just bake them, could you not?", I replied proudly.

So I cracked a couple of eggs into the same baking tray (with cooked meat, vegetables and all) and put it back into the oven until the eggs were done to my preference.

Voila! Garnish with greens. Eat however you like. I had mine with plain instant noodles. 


Bake in a covered foil

A close-up

Scoop onto noodles 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Elephants & Mangoes Copyright © 2005 - 2017 |- Template created by O Pregador Aldenir Araújo - |- Powered by Blogger Templates