Mar 18, 2011

0 Sungai Buloh Nurseries - A Gardener's Haven

A green thumb I have not. That's why the only green adorning my home is the very common house plant 'Pothos'. You laugh at my feeble attempt to contribute something back against the many trees we have cut down?

I've a mini garden in the balcony stemmed from a belief that if we were to all do our part no matter how small, when done in sizeable support, it counts towards helping Mother Earth. I'm naive that way. How many apartment dwellers take this seriously, right?

Anyway, I paid a visit to the renowned Sungai Buloh Nurseries (Located not far from Hospital Sungai Buloh) in a bid to ignite the green talent I know that's hidden inside me.

Plants are sold at a good bargain here. That's why this place is packed with avid gardeners on weekends.

Here we are

Pots, pots, pots

A patriot

Gorgeous plants on display

Walk the stretch, don't be too quick to commit

In the Garden of Eden

Everyone has green fingers here

I went behind the stalls

A treasure trove

Pitcher plants for an exotic feel

If you have a large compound

Colours to brighten your day

Chilli padi for that sambal

You can depend on him to cool you down!
 
Seeing the many beautiful plant varieties I had never seen before, I was motivated to make it happen. I knew I could do it! 
 
So when a weed started growing in my garden, I took it that it was an exotic plant, meant to be nurtured.  I was pretty oblivious to the fact that perhaps I still had not mastered the art of gardening.
 
This weed was an exciting shade of green and growing fast. All I had to do was water it. I felt talented. It was a success story in the making until my best friend saw it and lambasted me for keeping a weed.
 
"I don't believe it! Can you not see it's a WEED?!", she blasted.
 
"Why are you planting a WEED?!", she asked with an incredulous look on her face.
 
The bubble burst and it dawned on me that "some people just have it in them".
 
I pulled the weed out after that, of course. What was I thinking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Elephants & Mangoes Copyright © 2005 - 2017 |- Template created by O Pregador Aldenir Araújo - |- Powered by Blogger Templates