May 22, 2011

0 Baked Chicken Wings in Thai Mango Dipping Sauce

Everything used to be in the kuali. Well...that was until I found convenience in my little oven. Now it's just me and the oven. We go way back, like more than a decade.

Anyone would understand why I cannot part with it just like that although the timer has gone cuckoo and I'm not even sure if the temperature is right, but I'm so used to it that I just leave things to bake without really depending on these. If it looks right and it's cooked, the food comes out. Simple.

I was rummaging the fridge for something different for my chicken wings the other day.

"Honey? Nope... Soy sauce? Boringgg!"

"Hah! What's this.. mango ..mmm"

Tadaa..dinner is served.

Mm- mm..succulent
(That's how the chefs say it)

Pea sprouts, Potatoes and Chicken
(The vegs, the carbs and the protein)

The secret sauce revealed: Thai mango dipping sauce with chilli (MSG free). It's sold in Cold Storage, Malaysia.


Thai Mango Dipping sauce with Chilli

The exact ingredients are somewhat hazy, but I'll do my best. I just grab things as I go and I don't pay too much attention to exact measurements. Well, that's what happens when you decide not to cook by the book.

Ingredients:
- Chicken wings
- Mango dipping sauce
- Melted butter
- Salt and pepper
- Dried rosemary herbs

Todo:
1) Poke chicken wings lightly with a fork. I do this because I like to get the juices in, especially those meatier parts which tend to dry easily.

2) Marinate chicken wings with mango dipping sauce and a bit of butter. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix in dried rosemary and give it a good rub.

3) Line baking tray with foil. Glaze with oil.

4) Put your chicken wings on top of the foil (like you didn't know) and bake for about 40 minutes at 180c. In between, I glaze the wings with more Mango sauce and a wee bit of butter while it's still cooking in the oven.

I do this about 20 minutes into bake time and continue doing so every 10 minutes or so until the chicken is done. It adds flavour..me thinks.

The taste: Sweetish, with just a tinge of sour.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Elephants & Mangoes Copyright © 2005 - 2017 |- Template created by O Pregador Aldenir Araújo - |- Powered by Blogger Templates