Jan 15, 2013

0 Eat Out: Thai Garden Village, Kepong

It was a makan (eat) weekend for me, spent catching up with different group of friends and family. I also ended up sleeping at 4am for two nights in a row. What can I say? Vibrant chit-chat made me lose track of time...I gained insight and eye bags.

One Hot Chick
We were at the Thai Garden Village restaurant on Sunday to try out an exciting dish called the Fire Phoenix Chicken. This was a chicken on fire, literally.

I love coming to this restaurant for the cosy ambiance and warm smiles. The waiters are a friendly and attentive lot.

No sooner had we sat down, the menu was placed in front of us. They waited patiently while we hello-ed and how-are-you-ed. I could even feel their friendliness when we asked if they could help snap a photo of us. It was all very down to earth.

We placed our order finally - a mix of vegetables, seafood and of course, the special chicken. There was a choice of two flavours for the chicken, between honey or black pepper. We opted for the latter.

This is how the chicken is served - cooked and covered in gravy.

Fire Phoenix

Then, the waiter uses a flame stick to light it up. I captured a short video.




The chicken is ready to be eaten after the fire dies out. This takes about a minute or so but I can't be really sure because I was distracted with photo-taking!

Mmm..mmm..! The chicken was so so yummy. The gravy has been infused into a burst of roasted flavour. I personally enjoyed every bite.

The other dish that stole my attention was the Tom Yum Seafood Soup - a bold and spicy take on a household favourite. The Chef was generous with the ingredients too.

Tom Yum Seafood

It was a night of over-indulgence - good food, good company and obviously outdid ourselves. We waddled to the car in tighter pants. Oooh!

An overview of our feast and the restaurant:

Mamma mia..
Cosy - the place was packed by 7.30PM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Elephants & Mangoes Copyright © 2005 - 2017 |- Template created by O Pregador Aldenir Araújo - |- Powered by Blogger Templates