Jan 6, 2016

24 To The Kuala Lumpur Bird Park With The Nephews

My nephews were here for a week and boy, did they bring the sunshine!

I took them to Kuala Lumpur Bird Park one morning.  It's a beautiful aviary garden spanning approximately 20.9 acres of land that's located smack in the city.

Most of the birds roams free and have gotten used to human presence. I say this because they were sneaky enough to come close and bite off a cookie from my little nephew's hand the moment his face was turned the other way. It happened not once, but twice! Cheeky birds.

Here are some photos I took. 

Blue Pheasant

Yellow Billed Stork

Flamingos

Egrets

My nephews were excited, of course. It was up close with the birds. Both of them started mimicking how the birds walked. They followed quietly and slowly from a distance. Too cute to watch!

Nephew Doing The Bird Walk

Although it was a sunny day, we didn't find it too hot to walk about  as the area is well shaded by trees.

Kuala Lumpur Bird Park

Kuala Lumpur Bird Park

There is no shortage of bird food as you can see. One of the Do's and Don'ts, as written on KL Bird Park's website.

"PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FEED THE BIRDS 

We strictly monitor the diet of our birds. Wrong type of food may cause serious problems to the birds. Do not attempt to feed the birds on your own without supervision by our authorized personnels."

If anyone is keen, there are plenty of opportunities to do so at specific areas. Proper bird food can be purchased directly from the staff that is stationed there.

Papayas - Bird food

There is also a duck pond with lots of fish. This shot was taken along the path that had a cascading rock fountain. Fish food can be purchased from the vending machine which is located close to the ponds.

Fish

Let me list down the activities that you can do here with the kids - Bird/Fish feeding, watch the Bird Show, play at the Children's Playground, Souvenir shopping (maybe?), Dine at the Hornbill Restaurant in the company of birds.
 
Tickets are priced at RM27 for locals. It's about half the price for kids.

All in, we had a wonderful time here and my brother said that this place was worth the visit. It was a lovely experience to watch the birds. We would have stayed longer but it was lunch time and the kids were hungry.

That ended our bird watching adventure. We zoomed the two boys home.

24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I loved the natural surroundings. Such a happy environment to be in.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful birds! I love that blue pheasant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids always love animals. Good to see they were enjoying themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love animals and love to watch them. Pretty blue pheasant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always fun in the company of kids. They add so much excitement . What a lovely trip. Beautiful pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Masterchefmom! Yes, the kids certainly brightened things up for us. :D

      Delete
  6. Wow, I love the place! Are you near KL? Hope to visit Malaysia one day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Yes, it was. A great place to spend the day. :D

      Delete
  8. Gosh, can't recall when was the last time I visit our SG's Jurong Bird Park! Have you been there? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once..when I was a child. I loved Jurong Bird park so much! I even stayed for the show. :D

      Delete
  9. What a gorgeous place, Sharon! I could spend hours just enjoying all the beautiful birds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice post ! Keep working dear ! I wish all the best for you !
    ps If you want to follow each other just follow me and let me know i will do the same asap !

    www.madamedaria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is an awesome place, my kid loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...I wish I'd known you earlier! We could have met up. :D

      Delete
  12. I was there when I was standard 6
    huhu I never pay a visit after that
    but glad know all the birds are well taken care of

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been here several times - bringing relatives around ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Elephants & Mangoes Copyright © 2005 - 2017 |- Template created by O Pregador Aldenir Araújo - |- Powered by Blogger Templates