Jun 22, 2017

18 Jalan-Jalan MyTOWN Shopping Centre

Hubs had to meet a client last Sunday so I was left to my own devices for a few hours. Yippee! He dropped me off at MyTown Shopping Centre, Cheras near IKEA's entrance. I hadn't planned on buying anything but committed several shopping crimes, all related to cookware. IKEA does that to me ... aargh! Anyway, it was the earliest store to open. Hence, my adventure began there.

I explored the rest of the mall after that. There was Daiso, Padini, Brands Outlet, Parkson ..pretty much the same brands you get in other malls. I was most amused by the many massage chairs lining several corners of the mall. I had made hubs sit in one of these once when he was feeling grumpy one day - for real. It worked wonders and we often laugh about it looking back.

Massage Chairs

MyTOWN is an odd name for a shopping centre; I wondered why it was named so. Their website offered no answers, hence it remains a mystery to me.

The mall has a nice food court called Food Empire on the 3rd floor. Hubs joined me for lunch. There's Japanese, Thai and local food. We tried Mee Jawa at Malay Fusion and ordered a piece of fried chicken from Nasi Campur Suria to share. The bowl of noodles had a generous amount of ingredients. It was okay taste-wise. Unfortunately, the fried chicken was raw in the middle. Before we could return it, the alert staff stepped forward and offered us a new piece. We thanked her and were touched by her move. May she be blessed in her line of work - she's great with customers!

Food Empire, MyTown Shopping Centre

Food Court at Level 3 MyTown Shopping Centre

Mee Jawa from Malay Fusion

On my walkabout, I saw YL Old Taste Cake House. I would have bought a piece to try had I not baked a luscious chocolate cake topped with Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate a couple of days before. Haha. No cravings for another cake this soon!

Homemade Chocolate Cake

The Raya decor is really cool with slides for children to play with. That said, I can't believe that Raya is days away. Another long weekend coming up for us.

MyTown Shopping Centre

I really enjoyed my time here. So much that I've already arranged a date with my cousin to visit this place again. This shopping centre is bright and spacious with a decent number of shops already open. Good place to hang out.

Well, that's that on my Sunday.

My next adventure - I've tickets to watch Transformers this evening. Can't wait for that. 😉


18 comments:

  1. Nice window shoppinh by yourself. I love that.

    Ooo. The chocolate cake. Yummy. Once a while indulge in it us fine. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. 'Me' time is oh-so-important.
      That chocolate cake is definitely only going to make a rare appearance ..because the topping is pricey..haha!

      Delete
  2. I have not visited this mall yet and will do so as I am keen to explore the new IKEA there.

    I know the objectives and business concept of these massage chairs which you might be surprised that each chair belongs to different investors!! My friend greedily swiped his credit cards to invest on 2 chairs and they were placed at a budget brothel in Chow Kit!!! LOLOL You will see more shocking massage chairs at JPN at Sri Hartamas. Anyway I do sit there sometimes as even a 5 minutes back massage helped my soothed my soul & mood too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reallyyyyy.... I had no idea it worked this way..lol!! So interesting to know this bit of info about the massage chairs.

      Delete
  3. I can't take my eyes off from that moist chocolate cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha..tastes as good as it looks, Angie! ;)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Neither could I ..fortunately, I don't bake often. So, that keeps me from over-eating..lol.

      Delete
  5. Your homemade chocolate cake looks so moist and delicious! Yums! Nice decorations at the mall. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy. This recipe is for keeps! ;)

      Delete
  6. I really like the shopping center, Sharon, and the massage chairs! And the chocolate cake looks absolutely scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. I enjoyed my time there. The chocolate cake was one of the best recipes I have tried! :D

      Delete
  7. I want a pice of chocolate cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy choc cake you have there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the best recipes I have tried, Ez :)

      Delete
  9. I don't 'sampai' here yet. Don't know how many times I delay my visit there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aiyo ..I love this place! Spacious. Syok to jalan.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Elephants & Mangoes Copyright © 2005 - 2017 |- Template created by O Pregador Aldenir Araújo - |- Powered by Blogger Templates