Jun 13, 2017

24 The Sweet Soups At Ramadhan Bazaars

Another reason I love going to Ramadhan Bazaars -  the warm, sweet soups! There is a good variety being sold. I have yet to try the coconut milk pumpkin dessert which I saw at Jalan Kuching but I will get to it one day. In the meantime, these were the common few I settled for as a long weekend treat.

Yup, it was a public holiday for us in KL yesterday!

I enjoyed lots of 'we' time with hubs. We watched Tom Cruise's The Mummy, which fell short chemistry-wise between the hero and his love interest. I would rate it as 'not too bad-la'. Hubs said, "4 out of 10".

We lunched at our regular chicken rice stall in Taman Tun, then headed to the MRT station nearby and checked out FamilyMart, a Japanese convenience store. I read about the place from a blog I was following. We tried the yummy Matcha ice cream; good stuff, not sugary sweet. I was pleased to see my favourite  Korean mochi buns being sold here. It is cheaper than the ones I usually get at a bakery in DPC. However, the Tohato caramel corn snacks are pricier here compared to Daiso.

Anyway, back to these local desserts. I'm sorry for getting carried away with my weekend activities!

Pictured below - banana in coconut milk with sago pearls. Some call this Serawa Pisang. This is fairly easy to make, a matter of cooking bananas in coconut milk for a little while along with one or two pandan leaves for aroma. Sago is mixed in to complete the dish. Some sweeten this with plain sugar, some with palm sugar - a personal preference thing.

Pengat Pisang Bersagu

Slices of jackfruit in coconut milk with sago is another delicious version of this local dessert. I gave it a try but admittedly, much prefer the one with bananas.

Bubur Nangka Bersagu

Black glutinous rice dessert is pretty much a regular buy in my household. This sweet soup is actually blackish red. I couldn't get a better shot because of bright sunlight so it turned out pink instead.

Bubur Pulut Hitam

Finally, there's hubs ultimate favourite - mung bean dessert!

Bubur Kacang Hijau

Are you a fan of warm soupy desserts? What is your favourite?

24 comments:

  1. I would love to try that sago jackfruit one! Looks really tempting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the chance one day, Angie :)

      Delete
  2. Wah!! You really went to try their green tea ice cream and discovered other treasures too! Now I plan to go and try that Korean mochi.

    I guess you must have eaten the chicken rice at the same coffee shop of my favorite Penang Prawn Mee. I often eat there almost weekly.

    I have stopped going to Ramadhan Bazaar as I often went on crazy buying spree. I loved the smell and variety of food until I over ate. I have bad will power and greed. Lolol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...yaaaa... after reading your post and since it was near where I usually lunch! I decided to go to the MRT and explore.

      Besides the chicken rice, I have never tried any other food at the coffee shop... I guess I should but I'm such a chicken rice person..lol!

      Delete
    2. Their prawn mee and Yong Tau Foo are really nice. Money back guarantee.

      Delete
    3. You've convinced me! I will try it one day .. :D

      Delete
  3. They all look very tasty and refreshing, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. xx Hope you're having a great week.

      Delete
  4. I only went to the Ramadhan Bazaar at Jurong West, hopefully, got time to visit the one at Beach Road n Geylang Serai before it end...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only went to one too. How time flies - this is the last week!

      Delete
  5. My favourite is the last 2 desserts yum yum. Miss the pulut hitam.

    I dont think I would want to watch The Mummy in cinema. Better buy DVD. Tom Cruise isn't my favourite actor anyway. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last two is also our fav! ;)
      Yup on The Mummy, or just wait for Astro to screen, Rose..lol.

      Delete
  6. My favourites are the Pengat Pisang Bersagu, nangka and the pulut hitam as long as they are not too sweet and thick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here.. I'm not into anything overly sweet ;)

      Delete
  7. As much as I enjoy going to bazaar & night markets, I'm not a fan of street food. Always get a feeling that I'll get tummyache after eating. Hahaha! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that. There is always a risk of that happening! ;)

      Delete
  8. Oooh I love these sweet soup dessert, except for the green beans la, maybe I had too much of that during my boarding school time. 😬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ..must be cukup for a lifetime already ^.^

      Delete
  9. It sound very interesting... and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's really delicious. I hope you get the opportunity to try these one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Black glutinuous rice is my favourite :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet treat! I only eat what my mum cook. hahaha.. but mum too old and this daughter don't learn a single 'pengat' dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love making this but mine's not the same as the ones sold because I always make the 'healthier' version :P less santan, less sweet.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Elephants & Mangoes Copyright © 2005 - 2017 |- Template created by O Pregador Aldenir Araújo - |- Powered by Blogger Templates