Jun 3, 2011

2 Royal Selangor Visitor Centre - My 3rd visit

The Royal Selangor Visitor Centre is high on my recommendations list. I can't believe I've been here three times already!

Whenever I've guests staying over, I find it hard resisting a suggestion to visit. Most times I fail to convince my guests because the lure of Kuala Lumpur's shopping complexes are just too great a temptation. Nothing beats shopping, they say.

Even after so many years, the Royal Selangor Visitor Centre remains well maintained, with the same level of courteousness from guides. That speaks volumes of their dedication to the pewter trade.

I'm happy to see that the tankard remains at no. 1 in The Guinness Book of Records.

The giant tankard

Not just ANY tankard but the world's largest

Admission is free, but it's a must for all visitors to register for a guide.

Our guide for the day

A first hand look

A ladies affair..where are the guys in this?

Drone central

Long serving staff recognition

Cleaning in progress

Well maintained, in and out

After the tour, we took a break at the cafe. We ordered Oreo cheesecake to the detriment of our waist but I regret not, delicious!

Oreo, Lemon?

Oreo!

Tea is served in this lovely pumpkin-like teapot
 We approached the registration counter for a taxi out. They were prompt in arranging one to pick us up and even led us right to the door, with all the goodbye niceties. We were given the red-carpet treatment, I tell ya.

The visit three years ago - http://elephantsandmangoes.blogspot.com/2008/04/trip-to-royal-selangor.html

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Elephants & Mangoes Copyright © 2005 - 2017 |- Template created by O Pregador Aldenir Araújo - |- Powered by Blogger Templates