Dec 18, 2013

5 Delicious Christmassy Cake

Someone pointed out that it was Christmassy. In my excitement, I hadn't noticed. All I saw was something scrumptious to e-a-t, to ....to share. Good things are meant to be shared. I will not be piling the kilos on alone.  

I collected this cake from PJ Hilton's Caffe Cino last week. It was worth the three times I had to circle the vicinity for a parking lot. Construction, congestion! The town is brimming with development.

You can never go wrong with fresh strawberries on cake!

...how light the frosting, how moist the cake, how cream cheesy the layers...bliss.

I was really thrilled to cut a piece out. It felt like opening a present. I couldn't wait to see what was inside. It was supposed to be a 'rainbow cake' with seven different colours of layering. Instead they gave me something that reflected the season. The smudgy frosting on the cake looks rainbow-coloured. I didn't mind though.  The magic of Christmas has already rubbed off on me. I feel 'joyous'.

Yummy!

A huge piece for me!

Up close and personal with cake.

Alright, that's enough showing off for one day!

PJ Hilton's a great place to hang out. I love the ambiance and am no stranger to the hotel's restaurant, having spent many hours at the buffet corner catching up with friends.

Santa's delivered me an early Christmas / Birthday present. I take this as a countdown to my 40th Birthday which is just around the corner.


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful rainbow cake. Happy birthday in advance. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. Not looking forward to the day where I can no longer say ~ "I'm in my 30s" ..lol ^.^

      Delete
  2. Sharon, when is your birthday? Mine is today! And I am way older than you! This looks like a fabulous cake and worth the looking for a parking place. Hate that! Perfect for Christmas. Have a merry one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh...Happy Birthday, Abbe! Birthday hugs and kisses xoxo heading your way. Mine's in Jan, on the 8th and this is an important note ~ I share the same Birthday as Elvis Presley ;)

      Delete
  3. cool cake :D
    love the rainbow layered cake

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Elephants & Mangoes Copyright © 2005 - 2017 |- Template created by O Pregador Aldenir Araújo - |- Powered by Blogger Templates