Feb 21, 2014

6 The Big Bad Wolf Fireball Book Sale 2014

Hurry! The sale ends in another two days - 23rd February, to be exact.

The BBW Fireball Book Sale holds its own

I enjoyed myself tremendously. You could say that the bargains were to die for. It's a smaller version of the BBW year-end sale that many look forward to, but the discounts on top of the already cheap books made it an equally amazing event.

It's not too crowded in the morning!

The BBW team provided us with boxes as a convenient way to carry our books around. I left this at the storage counter when it became too heavy ...but proceeded to gleefully walk back to the counter several times to add more books into it.

I gave my friend the are-you-out-of-your-mind !  look when she asked if I was going to sort out what I wanted to bring home in the end. How ridiculous, I thought then. I was taking everything! So much for self-control. 

Then, I struggled. Lugging three bags of books, mostly hardcover, was an arm-straining affair that made me stop a couple of times to rest before I reached my car. It qualified for a pretty good gym workout for me. 

I am unremorseful about my stash ~ nine of it costing RM5 each and the rest at slightly more.

My BBW Fireball Book Sale stash
Don't ask me why it's all cookbooks because I cannot fathom it myself. I used to love science fiction and fantasy books. I used to grab all of Stephen King's masterpieces. I was also a Mills & Boon fan but these days, my interest in reading various genres has been sorely reduced to one - cookery.

It looks like my weekend will be spent on book wrapping and drooling over stunning food photos. Hungry days ahead.

6 comments:

  1. Only RM5? Prices are crazy! What a great shopping, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally crazy..Nigella's Christmas was going for only about RM10! Can you believe it! ^.^

      Delete
  2. So, must be a lot of cooking and recipe sharing coming up from you?

    Enjoy your cookbooks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rose. Haha..I hope but not necessarily ~ I kind of read cookbooks like I'm reading a fantasy novel ^.^

      Delete
  3. big sale.. worth getting the novel , but me lazy to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. That's why cookbooks work for me - lots of pictures..haha ^.^

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Elephants & Mangoes Copyright © 2005 - 2017 |- Template created by O Pregador Aldenir Araújo - |- Powered by Blogger Templates