Jun 1, 2016

22 Eat All You Can At A Minor Place - It's Only RM11

It is, to date, the cheapest Chap Fan (Mixed Rice / Economy) style lunch buffet that I know of - with fried noodles tossed into the mix.  The catch? None, except that you pay extra if you waste and you have to reuse your plate. Sounds fair to me! This would be heaven for big eaters. Hubs went straight for it.

Round 1 - Lala, Chicken, Fried Rice

Me? I chose to go ala carte and ordered Wat Tan Hor (an eggy noodle dish) that Sunday. It was just one of those times that I craved for wet noodles. Oh, well.

Flat Noodles In Egg Gravy

I took a peek into A Minor Place's Facebook page and noticed how kind and generous the owners are. They clearly have a charitable heart. A story published on Star Online tells how the owners, in order to prevent food wastage, distribute what's left uneaten to security guards in the area.

The other thing that warmed me to them is that they do not practise ageism. Retirees are welcome to apply for jobs here. It is something I long to see more of in our society.

I don't know about you but anything that puts the warm-and-fuzzy in me is a great place to eat. My taste buds aren't solely dictated by perfectly cooked steak or macarons baked on point. It includes my feelings, and I'm feeling really good about this place. Hubs and I enjoyed our meal.

A Minor Place
We will be back!

Address:
A Minor Place
Block G-0-11, Plaza Damas,
60 Jalan Sri Hartamas 1,
Sri Hartamas, 50480 Kuala Lumpur.
Contact number : 03 - 6211 7418
11.30am to 2.30PM - Buffet Lunch RM11 daily
Non-Halal


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Random thoughts --
Something I wrote for Ivy, a friend whom I love to bits.

Everyone needs a friend who says, "Hold on, this isn't right! Stop!"
That's my buddy for you. It takes guts to have real friends.
It's easy to surround ourselves with "yes" people, the forever-supportive (even when you do wrong) ones
but to grow into the best version of ourselves, we're gonna need an Ivy in our lives.
Someone who reels you in when you go overboard with the bad stuff.
Someone who says it's ok to fall but you gotta get up.



22 comments:

  1. That noodle shrimp in egg gravy looks really delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good, Angie. Something I was really craving for that day. :D

      Delete
  2. This is a great news for those who can eat a lot and enjoy buffet.

    The Cantonese noodle looked good. Once a while I also like to order such noodle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, more so in current economic conditions! :)

      Delete
  3. The noodle shrimp in egg gravy looks divine! Hugs to you, dear Sharon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. Big hugs to you too! xx ^.^

      Delete
  4. Both the chap fan and the noodles look delicious. I agree with you about feeling good towards kind owners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, I bet you will love coming here ..if only you lived in KL! ^.^

      Delete
  5. Reasonable price and the foods looks good...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. That would be typical mixed rice fare. I know where to take you for a meal if we ever meet up ;)

      Delete
  7. i am from Asia and rarely find such dishes on blogs i visit ,it looks familiar to me so delicious and well presented

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High 5! I'm most enthusiastic with local food.

      Delete
  8. I heard of this place before
    but I have another place which is almost same concept like that in Institut Sukan Negara cafe which charge about the same RM10+/- for buffet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow..that's amazing, Emily! I shall check it out ;)

      Delete
  9. Interesting share, Sharon! Wonder if I can find this kind of place in SG...... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rare to find such generous restaurant owners even in Malaysia .. x ;)

      Delete
  10. I'm not a big eater so not a fan of buffets. The horfun looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither am I ..but I do go for it if it's an outing with friends. :)

      Delete
  11. The owner has a big heart! their food look delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels so good to support charitable people. ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Elephants & Mangoes Copyright © 2005 - 2017 |- Template created by O Pregador Aldenir Araújo - |- Powered by Blogger Templates