Mar 30, 2012

0 Buzzworthy Sri Ananda Bahwan, Tanjung Bungah

I haven't been so excited for Indian cuisine until Sri Ananda Bahwan, a restaurant located in Tg. Bungah, Penang, just opposite Flamingo Hotel. My taste buds have been severely dulled by the less exciting mamak fare found in KL from the likes of Bestari, Pelita and so forth.

Hence, my decision to relocate to Penang. Just kidding. If you could retire anywhere in the world, where would you go? I'm always governed by my stomach. So I guess where good food is. Aiyorr, that's lame.

Sri Ananda Bahwan has a nice cosy set-up, perfect for overstaying and long conversations plus that game of monopoly. The food isn't terribly overpriced although it's a popular tourist haunt.

Inviting entrance

Nice surroundings
The sweet stuff
First impressions were pleasing as I walked into smiles from friendly waiters. My nostrils lifted a little as I was drawn into the waft of aromatic spices.

Finally I arrived at the sight of piping hot curry dishes, laden in stainless steel food warming trays, that was very much alive in colour. Attractive and appetising.  They say looks can be deceiving but it was not the case here. The food is delicious and none too greasy. The skies never looked bluer than they did that day. I thought I was in heaven.

I truly enjoyed my meal and the company I was in. Perhaps they played a big role on my enjoyment too. Good company is, after all, the secret to great food.

I would visit often if I weren't living so far away...






Our feast, a "hands-on" affair
Rava Thosai, light soury taste, perfect texture
Not too oily Puri with dry veg curry, perfectly matched
Vadai is light
Spicy dry curry chicken, the bomb
If you go really early in the morning, you can get coffee with a shot of fresh goat milk. Locals say it's out-of-this-world. We were late. *shame, shame*

Coffee or was this milo? I forget

Mango lassi

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Elephants & Mangoes Copyright © 2005 - 2017 |- Template created by O Pregador Aldenir Araújo - |- Powered by Blogger Templates