Mar 10, 2012

2 She's somewhere I cannot go

Here lies an angel

1 March 2012 - Aunt Em left us quietly, in the wee hours of the morning unbeknownst to her beloved husband sleeping beside her.

I left my Uncle a message hours before as I did every week since she left for home. They were words of encouragement. I knew things were hard on him. He never stopped trying, he never stopped believing. It was our mantra. Aunt Em was never alone in her fight against cancer.

Mom woke me with a phone call at 7.00am to relay the news. I was calm. I knew before she said it. Mayhaps I was in a state of disbelief.

A couple of hours later, my heart rallied between quiet acceptance and anger over the unfairness of it all. I held back tears. At least, I thought I did. My cheeks were wet. What happened...

Aunt Em was always there for me. We used to spend hours talking over the phone. Nothing held us back from sharing our innermost thoughts. There were laughter and tears. We motivated each other all the time. She always took the time to encourage me on with chants of "Jia you! Jia you!" .

It's hard to believe I won't be seeing her anymore. My mind scrambles to remember what we did last together, what we said last to each other, when we last held hands.These memories are all I have of her now.


She’s somewhere I cannot go 
Don’t wipe these tears
They’re not of sorrow
God has lifted her fears
And gifted her a tomorrow

A tomorrow in heaven
Free from pain and Earthly pursuits
Amongst angels, not men
Amidst paradise and bountiful fruits

Don’t say she’s gone forever
Because she’s right here
In our hearts, where we treasure her
In memories we hold dear ..she is here!

~ Sharon D. @ 10 March 2012

2 comments:

  1. Stay strong, girl, for the living needs you the most now. She will always be in your heart...
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Elephants & Mangoes Copyright © 2005 - 2017 |- Template created by O Pregador Aldenir Araújo - |- Powered by Blogger Templates