Jul 14, 2012

0 Green Matter

Not kryptonite, not The Hulk..just the greens.

I had to give Putrajaya Floria 2012 a miss because my days were packed to the brim. Aaah, it was just one of the moments where I wish I had more hours in a day.

BUT I was no less inspired to do the right green thing after reading through Autumn Belle's blog posts. The world would be a better place if all of us, the apartment dwellers, played our part in greening it. I think of Mother Earth's sustainability out of a sudden...with sorry realisation that I haven't really done much.

It would be a dream to see tall buildings laden with plants on every floor because everyone is growing something. Chirping birds, butterflies, laughing neighbours. The building would be alive with lovely flowers, vegetables and cheerful banter from happy residents...I think plants make people happy!

This is my haul from Ikea. I'm starting small. My know-how on plant survival isn't very impressive..I know nuts.
Fresh Stash

One of the plants in my Ikea blue bag is the Ficus Ginseng Jade. I bought it because it seemed "solid". Whether this is a logical move is beyond me. I'm shamefully judging the plant by its looks and it looks like a survivor.

Ficus Ginseng Jade (I don't suppose it's edible)

The plants hanging on the wall have been with me for close to seven years. At the advice of my aunt, I've trimmed it "botak" (bald). She says it'll grow out prettier if I do.

Trimmed hanging plants

The common houseplant that's crawling up my wall began from a very small pot some eight years ago. I don't really know what happened. It just gained in size and off-springs. I have another three indoors.

New and old plants

These pretty clay dolls have been added to liven things up a notch. They've been in my storage cabinet for a couple of years. Not a hoarder...ehm. I just knew it'd be of some use one day....

RM5 each from Daiso

I hope I know what I'm doing. I wish I knew how to take care of flowering plants. I am praying that my plants don't wither if I travel for week-long periods.

I ...........should stop spraying my new plants with water every couple of hours or so.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Elephants & Mangoes Copyright © 2005 - 2017 |- Template created by O Pregador Aldenir Araújo - |- Powered by Blogger Templates